Urgency of the research. The following article represents a research of rational and irrational dialectic contradiction, activity development sources, identification of the field of mechanisms of an intuition in its action, as well as categorial demarcation with other criteria of system operation, as the mechanisms of memory require philosophical judgment on a conceptualization of mechanisms of an intuition activity, rational and irrational in aim-estimation dialectics in the conditions of the 21st century.
Target setting. In the problem field we consider it necessary to review mechanisms of intuition (as irrational) in human activity (as rational goal-setting is its principal criterion), as well as recent humanitarian researches based on the philosophical principle of objectivity.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. The post-nonclassical rationality is returned to problems of consciousness, dialectic unities of rational and irrational in practical, informative and communicative activity of human, group, society, humanity. Therefore a problem of intuition was taken a significant place in the decision researches of activity approach of S. Rubenstein, M. Kagan, K. Albukhanova-Slavska, M. Kvetny; A. Sagatovsky, A. Brushlinsky; fate-analytical approach of L. Szondhi, M. Acjtnich; in researches of the theory of decision-making of G. Gigerentser, D. Kaneman, S. Epstein, G. Popov as well as other human activity rational and irrational aspects philosophers and researchers.
The research objective. The need for judgment of mechanisms of an intuition in the course of activity enhances both theoretical, and practical relevance. In the 21st century the dynamic growth of interest to the researches directed to the identification of individual and group, situational and psychological, biological and social, personal and public factors of cognitive activity is observed. Nevertheless, some questions concerning principles of functioning of mechanisms of intuition remain unsolved and, respectively, how to be guided by such principles in the process of skills acquisition, self-training, professional development solving problems, etc., specifically in modern situations of dynamics increase, some transient changes of the environment. The mentioned aspects demonstrate the relevance of researches on the mechanisms of intuition in the context of practical activities of the person. In our scientific investigation we were focused on a perspective of the mechanisms of intuition within the central processes of activity: in goal-setting and decision-making process.
The statement of basic materials. The human activity is the object of the conducted research, the mechanisms of intuition is its subject. Therefore, the purpose of this article is statements of a philosophical comprehension of intuition mechanisms functioning in human activity. The main ideas of the author experienced the corresponding approbation in scientific and field researches of 2015-2020. They are systemically stated and presented in this article for the first time, as well. The innovation of the following article consists of the conducted research issues that reflect the systematization of knowledge of the mechanisms of intuition which result in a philosophical comprehension of the principles of operation of human memory blocks. Researches of a dialectic contradiction rational and irrational, activity development sources hold concrete manifestations of a contradiction in an intuition and goal-setting connection, uniting of consciousness and memory. For this reason there comes a requirement to consider the main mechanisms of memory, namely: the prototipology memory block, archetypology memory block, and the ancestral unconscious block which integrity is defined by the memory model.
Conclusions. The aforesaid key positions, firstly, initiate the new perspective directions of scientific research in the field of philosophical anthropology, sociology, deep psychology, as well as wide solution area of daily tasks demanding the development of methodical systems, recommendations, and materials which promote the achieving results in life and activity in the unity of rational and irrational, conscious and intuitive unity. Secondly, in a research of the principles concerning the regularities as the basis for practical activities, namely the principles of an intuition, the memory model, consisting of three mechanisms and respective three structural blocks: a) the intuition mechanism of intuition which is based by the prototipology block; b) the intuition mechanism which functioning is reasoned by the archetypology memory block; c) the intuition mechanism which functioning is based on the ancestral unconscious memory block. Thirdly, we have represented and described the principles defining processes of intuitive knowledge formation within different blocks of data of human memory.
Keywords: memory, phenomenology of memory, intuition, mechanism of intuition, cognition, ancestral heritage, memory environment.
- Abulhanova-Slavskaya, KA 1991. ‘Strategiya zhizni (The Life strategy)’, Moskva: Mysl, 299 s.
- Epshtejn, S 2010. ‘Demistifikuyuchi intuyiciyu: sho ce take, sho vona robit i yak vona pracyuye (Demystifying the Intuition: what it is, what it does and how it functions)’, Psihologichnij visnik, № 21, s. 295-312.
- Kagan, MS 1974. ‘Chelovecheskaya deyatelnost (Opyt sistemnogo analiza) (Human Activities (System Analysis Experience))’, Moskva: Politizdat, 328 s.
- Kaneman, D 2004. ‘Konturi obmezhenoyi racionalnosti: mozhlivosti intuyitivnih sudzhen i viboru (Contours of limited rationality: the possibilities of intuitive judgments and elections)’, Ekovest, T. 4, № 4, Moskva : Eksmo, s. 540-592.
- Kvetnoj, MS 1974. ‘Chelovecheskaya deyatelnost: sushnost, struktura, tipy (sociologicheskij aspekt) (Human activity: essence, structure, types (sociological aspect))’, Saratov: Izd-vo Saratovskogo universitetata, 224 s.
- Kurdyumov, S & Knyazeva, E 1994. ‘Intuyiciya yak samodobudova (Intuition as self-statement)’, Pitannya filosofiyi, № 12, s. 110-122.
- Lepskij, MA 2000. ‘Svit i tin socialnoyi perspektivi (Light and Shadow of Social Perspective)’, Kiyiv: Molod, 410 s.
- Popov, GS 1951. ‘Osnovi samonavchannya: metodichni sposterezhennya i rekomendaciyi (Basics of self-study: methodological observations and recommendations)’, Rukopis, Arhiv IP (Institut Pam'yati) F. 3 (Fond “Spadshina akademika G. Popova” m Viden 1940), Op. 2, 1951 rik. D. 1. Fk.1-6. s. 72-83.
- Popov, GS 1951. ‘Fenomenologiya pam'yati: osnovni metodichni pidhodi do doslidzhennya pam'yati lyudini (Memory phenomenology: basic methodological approaches to human memory research)’, Rukopis, Arhiv IP (Institut Pam'yati) F. 3 (Fond “Spadshina akademika G. Popova” m. Viden 1940), Op. 2, 1951 rik. D. 6. Fk.1-4. s. 15-24.
- Rubinshtejn, SL 2003. ‘Bytie i soznanie. Chelovek i mir (Existence and Consciousness. Human and the World)’, sost. Brushlinskij, AV & Abulhanova-Slavskaya, KA, SPb: Izd-vo “Piter”, 512 s.
- Sagatovskij, VN 1999. ‘Filosofiya razvivayushejsya garmonii (Harmony Development Pholosophy)’, v 3-h ch, 3: Antropologiya. SPb.: OOO “Petropolis”, 288 s.
- Stepanosova, OV 2004. ‘Intuitivnye komponenty v processe prinyatiya reshenij (Intuitive components in decision-making process)’, Diskurs, Moskva: Mysl, 208 c.
- Yung, KG 1995. ‘Instinkt i bessoznatelnoe (Instinct and Unconscious)’, SPb: “Yuventa”, M.: “Progress-Univers”, s. 326-328.
- Betsch, T 2017. ‘The nature of intuition and its neglect in research on judgment and decision making’, Oxford: Oxford University Press, р. 304-356.
- Epstein, S ‘Cognitive-experiential self-theory of personality’, еds Millon T & Lerner MJ, Comprehensive Handbook of Psychology, Vol. 5: Personality and Social Psychology, Hoboken, NJ : Wiley & Sons, р. 159-184.
- Gigerenzer, G 2002. ‘Adaptive Thinking. Rationality in the Real World (Evolution and Cognition)’, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 360 p.
- Hogarth, RM ‘Educating intuition: а challenge for the XXI century’, Barcelona : Els Opuscles del CREI, № 13, р. 1-30.
- Leybourne, S & Sadler-Smith, E 2006. ‘The role of intuition and improvisation in project management’, International Journal of Project Management, Vol. 24, 483-492.
- Sadler-Smith, Eugene & Shefy, Erella 2004. ‘The intuitive executive: Understanding and applying “gut feel” in decision-making’, Academy of Management Executive, Vol. 18, No. 4, р. 76-91.
- Stanovich, K & West, RF 2000. ‘Individual Differences in Reasoning: Implications for the Rationality Debate?’ 23 : Behavioral and Brain Sciences, р. 645-726.
- Szondi, L 1956. ‘Ich-Analyse, Die Grundlage zur Vereinigung der Tiefenpsychologie’, Teil 1, Bern: Hans Huber, 340 p.
- Szondi, L 1995. ‘Freiheit und Zwang im Schicksal des Einzelnen’, Bern: Hans Huber, 576 p.