Urgency of the research. The beginning of the 21st century is characterized by the test of the humanity for its survival. Deep crises in various spheres of social life have covered most of the countries of the world. Ecological terrorism, which comes out in all continents, leads to disasters, the result of which is destruction, death and demolition. A significant number of social conflicts take place in various parts of the globe, and in many countries wars are continued that result in significant material and human losses. There are changes in human nature. Many people who focus on practical interests neglect the principles of humanism and human centrism. Disregard of other people's opinions, inability to analyze the situation and find optimal solutions to solve the problems lead to a lack of understanding between people. Many scientists, in particular teachers, psychologists are inclined to believe that one of the reasons for all the negative manifestations in the society and nature is a human, in particular the low level of the quality of person’s culture.
Target setting. The issue of civility of human was always the focus of the public attention. This characteristic should be understood to mean the level of education, good manners of a person, as well as the mastering of a certain field of knowledge or activities. The level of culture of a person is generally identified with its good manners and it is associated with the well-being of the whole nation. Is it possible to achieve the positive results in human lives and the processes of outside world through the culture of people, and if ‘yes’, so under what conditions?
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. The problem of “civilized lack of culture” was posed by Oswald Spengler (1918) in his book “Sunset of Europe” - translation from German “Der Untergang des Abendlandes” . Currently, the issue of the favorable effect of culture on an individual and the society as a whole was covered in the works of A. Weber (2008) “Global Climate Change. Who's guilty? And what to do?” , S. Wozniak (2011) “The concept of cultural reality in the context of the humanitarian paradigm of knowledge” , G. Didenko (2011) “Humanitaristics as a way of coping with the “civilized lack of culture” , J. P. Lederach (2019) “Development of the world. Sustainable reconciliation in divided societies” .
The research objective. The main objective of this work is to justify the need in the development and improvement of the level of culture of modern young people and in the outlining of the author’s vision of the efficiency of this process.
The statement of basic materials. Minimization of the problems that humanity faces today is impossible without the organization and implementation of an effective way of culture development. A civilized person is guided by high moral guidelines and is aware of his or her responsibility for the results of his or her actions. Culture is the most common integral characteristic of a human, a leading generic feature. Outside of culture, a human ceases to be a human. The concepts of culture, spirituality, humanism, humanity, kindness, beauty, harmony are synonymous, they complement each other. Culture that represents such value principles is a significant force for uniting of the world community and its progressive transforming into a community of mutual agreement. Therefore, the development of culture of the rising generation has relation to the global problems of humanity. Based on this fact, the invaluable role of a teacher in this process becomes obvious. Unfortunately, today’s reality shows the shortcomings in the training of teachers for educational work. The authors of the article studied the causes of this condition and outlined the ways for their elimination. One of the conditions for the effective development of culture in the applicants for education is an increase in state investments into educational institutions and the state approach to the cultural qualities of the people as the most important capital of the nation.
Conclusions. Within the scope of this work, the practicability of the development of the level of culture was substantiated, since its high level is a favourable condition for achievement of understanding between people, the content of which is in the humanization of relations, avoidance of conflicts and care for nature in both local and global dimensions. The main person for the development of culture in young people is a teacher. Therefore, it will not be amiss in the institutions of higher education with pedagogic training programs and postgraduate courses to strengthen the work for enriching of the future specialists with knowledge on the implementation of the educational process. The development and the implementation of the academic discipline “General Culture” into the educational process of all educational institutions will also be appropriate for achievement of the target goal. The content of the program for each class (course) shall correspond to the age of the applicants for education. The media shall assist in the formation of the culture of the population.
Keywords: education, culture, applicant for education, formation, efficiency, harmonization, progress.
- Bakhmann, G 2010. ‘Sovremennoe obshhestvo: obshhestvo riska, informaczionnoe obshhestvo, obshhestvo znanij (Modern society: risk society, information society, knowledge society)’, per. A. Antonovskij i dr., Moskva: Logos.
- Vasyljjeva, OM & Rarycjka, NO 2020. ‘Diaghnostyka suchasnykh ujavlenj zdobuvachiv osvity shhodo kuljtury povedinky i spilkuvannja (Diagnosis of modern ideas of students about the culture of behavior and communication)’, Zbirnyk naukovykh pracj ΛΌGhOΣ, s. 97-102.
- Vasil'eva, EN & Fugelo, NA 2017, ‘Udovletvorennost' obucheniem – aktivnaya problema obrazovaniya (Learning Satisfaction is an Active Problem of Education)’, Naukovyj oghljad, 6 (38), s. 49-79.
- Veber, AB ‘Global'noe izmenenie klimata: kto vinovat? i chto delat'? (Global climate change: who is to blame? and what to do?)’, Vek globalizacii, (1), s. 70-82.
- Voznyak, SS 2011. ‘Ponyattya kul`turnoyi real`nosti v konteksti gumanitarnoyi parady`gmy` znannya (The concept of cultural reality in the context of the humanitarian paradigm of knowledge)’, v Gumanitarno – naukove znannya: stanovlennya parady`gmy`. Materialy` mizhnarodnoyi naukovoyi konferenciyi, 7-8 zhovtnya, red. MG Marchuk, Chernivecz`ky`j nacional`ny`j universy`tet, Chernivci, Ukrayina, s. 54-56.
- Voronkova, VH 2006. ‘Humanitaryzatsiia, humanizatsiia i harmonizatsiia osvity, vlady, suspilstva (Humanitarianization, humanization and harmonization of education, government, society)’, Humanitarnyi visnyk Zaporizkoi derzhavnoi inzhenernoi akademii, 24, s. 15-32.
- Gritsanov, AA (red.) 2002. Vsemirnaya entsiklopediya: Filosofiya KhKh vek (World Encyclopedia: Twentieth Century Philosophy), Kharvest, Minsk: Sovremennyy literator.
- Didenko, G ‘Gumanitaristika kak put' preodoleniya “tsivilizovanogo bezkul'tur'ya” (The humanities as a way to overcome "civilized barbarism")’, v Ghumanitarno – naukove znannja: stanovlennja paradyghmy. Materialy mizhnarodnoji naukovoji konferenciji, 7-8 zhovtnja, red. MGh Marchuk, Chernivecjkyj nacionaljnyj universytet, Chernivci, Ukrajina, s. 56-59.
- Kopejchykov, VV (red.) 2002. Pravoznavstvo (Science of law), Junirkom Inter, Kyjiv.
- Kochetkova, TY ‘Paradigma samoorganizatsii i sovremennaya ekologicheskaya situatsiya (The paradigm of self-organization and the current environmental situation)’, Praktychna filosofija, 1, s.105-113.
- Lederak, DzhP 2019. ‘Rozbudova my`ru. Stale pry`my`rennya v rozdileny`x suspil`stvax (Building peace. Sustainable reconciliation in divided societies)’, per. D. Karatyeyev & L. Lozova, Ky`yiv: Dux i Litera.
- Makarenko, AS 2016. ‘Kniga dlya roditelej (Book for parents)’, “Piter”, Moskva.
- Melnyk, VV 2015. ‘Kultura buttia liudyny yak sotsiokulturnyi fenomen (Culture of human existence as a socio-cultural phenomenon)’, Humanitarnyi visnyk Zaporizkoi derzhavnoi inzhenernoi akademii, 60, s. 253-268.
- Panferov, KN 2000. E`konomicheskaya kul`tura: Soczial`no-filosofskij analiz (Economic culture: Socio-philosophical analysis). Dissertacziya doktora nauk, Gosudarstvenny`j tekhnicheskij universitet grazhdanskoj aviaczii, Moskva.
- Polukhtovych, TGh ‘Kuljtura spilkuvannja studentiv (Culture of student communication)’, Naukovyj visnyk Volynsjkogho nacionaljnogho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrajinky: Filosofsjki nauky, 15, s. 131-136.
- Sukhomlins'kiy, VO ‘Serdtse otdayu detyam. Rozhdenie grazhdanina. Pis'ma k synu (I give my heart to children. Birth of a citizen. Letters to his son)’, 2-e izd, Kyjiv: Radjansjka shkola.
- Ukrainskiy Sovetskiy Entsiklopedicheskiy Slovar (Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedic Dictionary) 1988. 2 tom, Glav. Red. USE, Kiev.
- Fughelo, PM & Fughelo, MA ‘Ekonomichni znannja – nevid'jemna skladova fakhovoji ghramotnosti aghrarijiv (Economic knowledge is an integral part of professional literacy of farmers)’, Molodlyj vchenyj, 6 (46), s. 514-518.
- Shpengler, O ‘Zakat Evropy. Ocherki morfologii mirovoj istorii (Sunset of Europe. Essays on the morphology of world history)’, Moskva: Mysl.
- Shherbanj, PM ‘Prykladna pedaghoghika (Applied pedagogy)’, Kyjiv: Vyshha shkola.
- Yambulatova, OYu E'konomicheskaya kul'tura kak faktor social'no-e'konomicheskogo razvitiya (Economic culture as a factor in socio-economic development). Dissertaciya kandidata nauk, Kostromskoj gosudarstvenny`j universitet imeni N.A. Nekrasova, Kostroma.